POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : movie within : Re: movie within Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movie within
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 7 Feb 2004 22:37:47
Message: <4025af0b$1@news.povray.org>
"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message

> Again, COLDstitch is designed to exploit the Windows OS, and anything
below
> 98 won't be supported (and anything below XP/2000 won't have the
transparent
> dialog box either, but that's going to be optional).
>
> I use the CImage class in GDI+ to load the PNG. However, if I find I don't
> use that class anywhere else in the application, I'm going to dump it and
> just put a solid bitmap up there because it isn't worth limiting my
audience
> for an about box (no matter how cool it would look to have a transparent
one
> like Photoshop does).

This thread will never die ;)

Hmm... I've had some success with libpng, but it's a bit difficult to use,
at first, but once you get used to it it's no problem.

libpng can be found here:
http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

IIRC, the only licensing requirement for libpng is to mention it's use
somewhere in the application.